Last Revised: January 27, 2021
Hello & Welcome!
Stitch Video, Inc. (“Stitch”, "Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Notice. This Notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing data we collect through the Stitch Video Player (“Video Player”) and our associated service offerings.
This notice applies to information we collect when you interact with our Video Player and associated service offerings, the content streamed on the Video Player, and the advertising streamed on the Video Player and associated service offerings.
We encourage you to read this Notice carefully so you understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use or interact with the Video Player, or associated service offerings. By accessing or using Video Player and associated service offerings you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Video Player and associated service offerings after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
WHO Is Stitch?
Stitch is an independent digital media company delivering content and monetization across the web, mobile apps, and CTV via a multi-device video advertising platform for premium publishers and brand advertisers.
WHAT Kind of Information Does Stitch Collect?
In order to provide the Services to its Clients, Stitch utilizes or generates a cookie that is stored on a user’s browser. Stitch uses the cookie to track and analyze how a given device interacts with an advertisement displayed on a publisher’s website or other publishing platform. Stitch analyzes certain data in order to improve or optimize the Service for Stitch’s Clients. This data may include:
· Anonymous/Aggregated Data - consists of aggregated, statistical, or technical information and behavioral analytics not linked with any identified or identifiable individual. Specifically this type of information includes aggregated data on users’ operating systems, web browsers, smart-phone type and, screen resolution, duration of website use, click data, keyboard language, and advertising campaigns analytics.
· Pseudonymous Data – this information may relate to an identified or identifiable person, and, with additional information, enable the identification of an individual. Stitch does not process pseudonymous data in a manner that would allow Stitch to identify any end user.
· Personal Information – Stitch does not collect any personal information from any end user, and all of Stitch’s clients are required to refrain from providing Stitch with any personal data.
o NOTE: most mobile devices, mobile operating systems and browser software, allow you to control or disable the use of certain collectable information including location services, by any application, in the applicable settings menu.
HOW Does Stitch Collect This Information?
WHY Does Stitch Collect This Information?
Stitch collects information and data as part of Stitch’s Service to its Clients. The information and data is processed in the following ways:
· In connection with the buying and selling of online digital advertising with our publisher clients.
· Analytics and reporting on advertising performance, including attribution to certain advertising campaigns, advertisement display performance, and user interaction.
· Utilizing cookies and other user IDs to determine and honor opt-out requests.
· Optimizing the buying and selling of online digital advertising.
· Optimizing the overall advertising interface as it relates to our clients content.
WHO Does Stitch Share This Information With?
· Clients – Stitch allows its Clients, subject to an agreement containing terms and conditions regarding data handling, to review and utilize the information gathered and collected by Stitch in order to improve the user experience and optimize a Client’s ad campaigns.
· Third Parties – Stitch works with a select number of service providers in order to complement, facilitate, and enhance our own. Such services include hosting, database and server services like Amazon Web Services (AWS), payment processors, and our business, legal and financial advisors.
Such Third Party Service Providers may receive or otherwise have access to the data Stitch collects, depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing the Services. Such disclosure or access is strictly subject to the relevant services provider’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations, and the prevention of any independent right to use this data except as required to help us to facilitate or enhance the Services.
· Governmental/Law Enforcement - Stitch may disclose or otherwise allow access to the information processed by Stitch pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, with or without notice to you, if we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, counter terrorist financing verification requirements, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
· Stitch does NOT sell any information collected by Stitch.
You have the choice to “opt-out” of interest-based advertising by having a specialized cookie identifier stored on your device that signals your choice and preference. You can make that choice [here –hyperlink], and the cookie data currently stored on your device connected with Stitch will be wiped leaving only the “opt-out” cookie in its place. Note, your browser must be set to accept browser cookies in order to enable the browser to accept the “opt-out” cookie.
Stitch does not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
On mobile devices (e.g., iPhones and Androids), refer to your specific device privacy settings.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have reason to believe we have. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The following provisions relate to those certain rights afforded to residents of the State of California.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Stitch disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you.
· The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
· If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
· sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Stitch delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by e-mail at hello@Stitchvideo.tv. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
· Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
· Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may retain the data Stitch processes for as long as necessary to provide the Services to our Clients, including without limitation, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations and/or protect our legitimate interests, but in no event longer than ninety (90) days.
Stitch has implemented measures designed to secure the data it collects from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, and has employed industry standard procedures, protocols, hardware, and software intended to ensure the protection of the data Stitch processes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect the data Stitch collects and/or processes, we cannot guarantee the security of such data transmitted via the Services. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on any third-party website, or service.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, you should not provide any information about yourself to any publisher without the consent of a parent or guardian, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have unknowingly collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at hello@Stitchvideo.tv.